The course offers the opportunity for Industry Leaders to work with talented, engaged students with industry experience as External Mentors! Students with External Mentors will not also have a TA Mentor, however they are free to communicate with TA’s for assistance and issues.
- Make time for the project – ideally weekly meetings
- Develop an open and candid relationship
- Share insights
- Respect confidentiality
- Share your experience in your industry
- Give open and constructive feedback of the project
- Encourage expansion of student’s skills
- Understand student’s needs and expectations
Communicate with the External Mentors by email initially. If they are open to other forms of contact that benefit you, feel free to utilize them.
By default, all projects stemming from CS6440 will be released as open source. You will be notified if there are any special circumstances required by your mentor (eg. a review period prior to open source release).
Student Training: IHI Mentoring Program(Still applicable for Fall 2022)