Team Topic Presentation
Due: February 17, 2019 by 11:59PM UTC-12
Submit your Topic Presentation as a pdf with an link to an annotated PowerPoint in mp4 format, or a streaming source (“Topic Presentation – Team Name.pdf” format) via Canvas.
By now, you should have your Project Assignments and will soon be instructed on how to reach out to your mentors. As you collaborate with your team to hone in your project idea, think of ways to present your idea to your potential stakeholders (mentors, etc). You will be “pitching” your topic in your presentation. Your video presentation is limited to 5 minutes and should cover what you propose to do and why you feel it is a good approach to solving a health informatics problem. You do not have to dive in to the technical details, as you will present them in a later presentation.
We prefer an annotated PowerPoint/presentation in .pdf format. So therefore, your submission will be a pdf file with presentation slides and a link to the video of the annotated PowerPoint/presentation. Please provide the link on the first or second slide.
One option to make your video presentation is with PowerPoint 2010 and later. Instructions for making a video in PowerPoint are here. If you don’t have a recent version of PowerPoint, you may try downloading a recent version of Office 365 from the software distribution page. If you are absolutely unable to make a video in PowerPoint, then you can consider using a screen-capturing tool. There are many of these available on the web. Once you have created your video, upload it to a linkable streaming source, such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. The link that you provided must take us to your video presentation via some streaming source. Your link must work, otherwise, you will be given a ‘0’ for this deliverable. No excuses.
- Introduce us to your project and tell us about your project topic. One person can present a whole video, but a different person should present each time. (Each team member should present in at least one project presentation video)
- Presentation Quality (timeliness, clarity, interest, poise, enthusiasm, visual interest)
- Research (market context, needs, survey, interviews, etc)
- Business Case (what problem, for whom, benefits to end users, solutions, etc)
- Gantt Chart of your project plan identifying resource allocations
- Must be completely narrated. Partially narrated videos will receive an automatic “0” score for this deliverable.
- Have only ONE person (the PM) from each group submit the PDF via the Assignments tab in Canvas. Please state the team name and team members in the text of the submission.
- Submit your Topic Presentation as an annotated PowerPoint or presentation (“Topic Presentation – Team Name.pdf” format) via Canvas by February 17, 2019 by 11:59PM UTC-12.